Wednesday 15 October 2014

Charlene's Styleline: The story continues

·         


   
  Ms. Charlene Palmer is one of the best seamstresses that South Trinidad has and is also the most loving person you would ever meet. As we talked about her business and who she is as an entrepreneur, she constantly smiled and I felt right at home with her. these are a few of the questions I asked.


     Me: What ignited the spark in you to start a new business venture or to make significant changes in an existing business? How did the idea for your business come about?
     
     Charlene: I had a part time job and money was limited. So I started two business just to see which one will take off the most. Catering cakes and pastry and Fashion Design. Both took off. But went into Fashion Design.
      
      Me: What three pieces of advice would you give to college students who want to become entrepreneurs?

     Charlene:Three pieces of advice. Be excited to try new things,  Sacrifice = Success and Love what you do.

      Me: Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?

     Charlene: I totally admire Claudia Pegus and Ecliff Elie. They are the best designers to me in Trinidad right now.

      Me: Where you see yourself and your business in 10 years? 20 years? 
Designed by Charlene

      Charlene: In the next ten years I will have stores just like what Radical Designs did years ago.

     Me: If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently? 


     Charlene: If i had to start over there are some things i would do differently. I have had some clients since 1999. And the formula is that I am always willing to go the distance with what they want but also offer
something different, a one of a kind piece.
Creation by Charlene


Take a look at this video and enjoy the show.I hope you get some advice from entrepreneur Magaret Islander





No comments:

Post a Comment