Wednesday 24 September 2014

How to Overcome the Struggles of Being a Young Entrepreneur

Stepping out
Being young is hard and taxing on the common man but being young and and entrepreneur at the same time. Is it really that mind blowing or is it just unacceptable as it relates to the norm. For all those who are young and own your own business, two thumbs up to you and to those who feel beaten down at every turn this article is for you.
"Being a young entrepreneur definitely has its advantages, but there are also downsides. I developed the idea and the business plan for Green Bean, a healthy restaurant, during my sophomore year at Washington University in St. Louis, Miss. At first, I kept it a secret, worried family and friends would tell me I was crazy for starting a business at such a young age. When I decided to finally break it to my mom and dad, I remember sitting on the edge of their bed, nervous to tell them I was planning to take on such a huge endeavor. They could definitely sense my nerves. As I began to explain I wanted to open a restaurant, I surprisingly watched my mother's face soften. As soon as I told them my idea, my mom let out a huge sigh of relief and explained she was thrilled to discover I wasn't pregnant. Telling my parents about my venture was only one of the many hurdles I faced as a teenage entrepreneur. As a young founder, particularly at a non-technical startup, it's extraordinarily tough to earn credibility. In a people-facing business where you're often relying on first impressions to succeed, it's even more difficult. 
Although age is just a number, it does pose a variety of challenges for budding entrepreneurs. Here are some of the greatest adversities I faced, and how I overcame them: 
1. Being taken seriously.
2. Securing funding. 
3. Being relatable to your friends. 
What challenges have you faced as a young entrepreneur? 
Check out this link for more: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/229833

No comments:

Post a Comment