Tuesday 7 October 2014

Resurgent Cosmetics

Ms Walters, owner of Resurgent Cosmetics
This blog will feature this week's entrepreneur Ms. Veronique Walter, owner of Resurgent Cosmetics. The interview was short and to the point so here goes:

Me: Good morning Ms Walters

Ms Walters: Good morning Akeme, you can call me Veronique.

Me: Ok Veronique, how are you? I am glad you agreed to do this interview with me.

Ms. Walters: I am happy to oblige you and also very excited about this blog. First let me start by saying Resurgent Cosmetics is a handmade skin care and hair care line designed to fit into the multicultural landscapes of Trinidad and Tobago and also the Caribbean. There is an abundance of herbs fruits and botanical that a widely available in Trinidad that possess amazing skin care properties which is blended with other highly prized global botanical and oils to create a product line that is suitable for our skin and hair care needs.
Me: Wow Veronique, what a passion. You answered a few of my questions before I even asked them. Well let me ask you Why did you decide to own your own business? And what made you go into this particular field?

Ms. Walters: Well Akeme,  Resurgent Cosmetics was started because of my interest in cosmetic ingredients. Because of this I would constantly research ingredients that appeared on my product bottle. As an Esthetican I was curious to know and understand the ingredients I used not only on  myself but also my clientele. I began to notice that there were a lot of fillers that made up the bulk of the product but the ingredients that was needed were few. Some products would contain chemicals were an irritant to the skin. I began experiment with different essential oil, vitamins  and botanical stuff which I incorporated into my facial mask which was purchased from an overseas supplier. I had great results but before long I wanted to have full control over the development of the products  I used. That was the birth of Resurgent Cosmetics a line of products that contained ingredients that worked without fillers and harmful skin irritants.


I love Resurgent Cosmetics, I love creating these amazing products and connecting with customer and clients. It is so satisfying to receive feed back from customers as it really gives me a sense of accomplishment. I welcome the negatives with the positives, a negative review simply means there are some stuff that needs to be tweaked in order to make a better product. My passion for this line don't allow me to quit or give up despite challenges I continue.....that's what being RESURGENT is all about.

Stay tuned for more... In the meantime take a look at this entrepreneurs picture album on Photobucket.
http://s48.photobucket.com/user/akemecabdullah/library/Resurgent%20Cosmetics

1 comment:

  1. My best friend also tried her hand at making scented body lotions and body sprays. Unfortunately, I am yet to sample her products...

    ReplyDelete